Pages

Thursday 21 January 2010

The very first post.

So, my first entry. And I can't really think of anything worthy of this post to be honest. I've never had a blog before, and I'm not really sure what's going to fill these columns over the life of this blog. Typos probably. And plenty of commas. Mr Hoggart, my truly fantastic English teacher, kept telling me that I overused bracketing commas.

Thing is, I've always been really good at starting things but never too good at finishing them. All I can tell you is, I've been seeing, hearing and doing things lately that I think would probably look good on something like this. I kinda wanted to be a journalist for a bit, before common sense pulled me into science. It was probably for the best to be honest, as I feel you're about to see that what I write about is neither particularly interesting or even particularly . . . . . . . .good.

I'm right in the middle of my dissertation at the moment. Couple that with the fact that I don't have really interesting to say and you won't be expecting frequent updates.

At least the best thing about having a blog like this is that nobody is reading it, so there's nobody to disappoint. Self-deprecation, there'll be more of that, too.


Sincerely,
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment